Tuesday 13 May 2014

Getting Real with Myself... Includes an Exciting Epiphany



I get truly inspired sometimes just before I'm about to go to bed.  These thoughts and ideas pop up in my head and I'll either go to bed tossing and turning thinking about these random thoughts for hours or I'll do some serious journalling to get them out of my head and onto paper and then still think about them for a couple of hours.

Thanks Kinfolk for the great photo.


I'm having one of those nights, but tonight I'd thought I'd share what's going on in my head... just a little insight... hopefully someone out there will read this and be sitting there smiling thinking 'yep I can relate'.

Tonight I'm revisiting the intentions that I set out for myself at the beginning of the year.  I'm thinking about what has changed, what deadlines are looming and what I need to do to make things happen.  I have three major goals that I want to accomplish this year.  They are all really big in their own right and all three goals are incredibly important to me.  I'm trying to remain balanced with achieving all three goals and trying not to get stressed out, but occasionally the stress of everything gets to me, weakens me down and then I go and do something silly like eat a packet of rosemary crackers from Coles - damn they are so good!  Now that I've worked through my little melt down and I'm coming down from my rosemary cracker high, I can feel something telling me that it's time to get serious and start kicking some real goals.  I really want to explore my first and biggest goal for the year with you guys tonight.

The stunning Olivia Palermo and her fiancé Johannes Huebl - Thanks Brides Magazine for the shot.


My first big goal for 2014 - Well I should say our goal, I'm getting married in September!!  OMGee, bear with me while I turn into a squealing 16yo, but I just want to scream from the roof tops, I'm in love with Russell Devalter and I can't wait to marry this man.  I'm so incredibly excited to be getting married, this whole process has been a breeze, the venue is booked, I have my dress, Russ has his suit, the photographer is booked in, the make up artist is booked in, the first round of E-Invites have gone out, I've made decisions on favours, the honeymoon (our big 3 month tour of Central and South America) is starting to get booked in and everything else I'm just taking as it comes, I'm really just enjoying this time and being engaged to this amazing man.  This is the most wonderful feeling in the world.

Along with all the planning comes making sure that I look my best on my day... this is where I'm starting to get stressed, and stress is not good for anyone's body... all that extra cortisol ages you quicker and also makes you hold onto fat - not what I want right now - go away excess cortisol!  So here is the deal.  I've had some ups and downs at the start of this year and still coming out of all my restrictive eating patters from competition prep last year I've still been in an awful cycle of binge eating.  It's not good and from the time that I bought my wedding dress to now, i've probably put on 5kg... not what any bride to be wants... I want to be a glowing goddess on our wedding day, I want to look and feel healthy and be in tip top shape.

So I'm now 4 months out from my wedding and I'm getting on track to loosing the excess bulge and making my skin glow.  Through doing my nutrition course, I've already learned about 20 different diets and they all seem to have the same base rules.  So I'm taking what I'm learning and I'm coming up with my own glowing goddess guidelines (my exciting epiphany) that I'm going to be putting to the test over the next four months.

It's important for me that these guidelines have a completely balanced and holistic approach that not only includes healthy eating and training guidelines but a glowing skin care regime and a self love manual as well.

I'm tackling this with a completely holistic approach, because I have been down the path of restrictive diets and calorie counting, and while they do get short term results, there is always a draw back, and that drawback is mental instability and weight gain - not fun for anyone!

Ok so I think this is pretty awesome, Glowing Goddess Guidelines - my guidelines to being a truly beautiful bride inside and out.  Eeekk has a ring to it :) I may pluck up the courage to post some before photos to Instagram tomorrow so that you can all follow my progress and to keep me accountable.

Ok well that's my thoughts for the night, what started off as me wanting to look at my goals turned into something I'm now pretty excited about exploring further!

Goodnight my sweets!

Nicole
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...